Capitalism

The Accumulation of Freedom: Writings on Anarchist Economics

The Accumulation of Freedom: Writings on Anarchist Economics

Anthony J. Nocella II, John Asimakopoulos

Language: English

Pages: 320

ISBN: 1849350949

Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub


The only crisis of capitalism is capitalism itself. Let's toss credit default swaps, bailouts, environmental externalities and, while we're at it, private ownership of production in the dustbin of history. The Accumulation of Freedom brings together economists, historians, theorists, and activists for a first-of-its-kind study of anarchist economics. The editors aren't trying to subvert the notion of economics—they accept the standard definition, but reject the notion that capitalism or central planning are acceptable ways to organize economic life.

Contributors include Robin Hahnel, Iain McKay, Marie Trigona, Chris Spannos, Ernesto Aguilar, Uri Gordon, and more.

Austerity Ecology & the Collapse-Porn Addicts: A Defence of Growth, Progress, Industry and Stuff

The End of Organized Capitalism

The Globalization Gap: How the Rich Get Richer and the Poor Get Left Further Behind

The Falling Rate of Learning and the Neoliberal Endgame

Human Capitalism: How Economic Growth Has Made Us Smarter--and More Unequal

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

example of new working-class subjectivities, self-determination, and working culture while they fight against dominant institutions, including the state and capitalist bosses. Their struggles provide a liberatory vision by sowing the seeds for a new society today, challenging market systems of domination, and questioning the legitimacy of private property. Many anarchist traditions have been interwoven into the resistance strategies of Latin America’s autonomous social movements, which includes

greedy bosses, a factory can be transformed into a liberatory space. “Maybe one day our story will be included in a chapter in working-class history that a group of workers occupied a plant and began producing,” said Adrian, from Arrufat chocolate occupied factory after lamenting the loss of his hand in the plant under capitalist supervision. And the occupied factories in Argentina are doing just that: writing a new future for working-class history and sending the message that workers can do what

believe it’s not his skin or the settler’s skin that matters, and that being in the settler’s place will not change the inherent exploitative character of the system of colonialism, i.e. capitalism. Let’s be clear: to merely want to be “in the settler’s place” means that you really like the system—you support the system—and you just complain because you’re not getting your “piece of the pie.”[4] There’s a direct link between the “skin analysis” of the mid-1960s and the reasons that “Black

managers, or bureaucrats. Nor was distribution and production isolated to independent towns; these moneyless communist experiments sought to coordinate and federate their economies in the collective endeavor of fighting fascism and building libertarian communism. So far as distribution was concerned, whatever the form or method adopted, the organising initiative was appearing all the time. In hundreds of villages, libretas de consumo (consumer books) in different sizes and colours were issued.

or suggest in what proportions they should be produced. Such a proposal would not be democratic, for two reasons. Firstly, it could never be based on “full knowledge of the relevant facts,” namely on a full knowledge of everybody’s preferences. Secondly, it would be tantamount to a pointless tyranny of the majority over the minority. If 40% of the population wishes to consume a certain article, there is no reason why they should be deprived of it under pretext that the other 60% prefer something

Download sample

Download